Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Google Blog

Here's something I've never understood: why has there been no official Google Blog? I mean, a large cutting-edge company like Google purchases Blogger so they have a foot (a leg, actually) in the blogging door. Then, something like a year later, Google has no blog to call it's own.

That has now changed. Google Blog has just been launched to go along with the new Blogger roll-out.

"Insight into the news, technology, and culture of Google" goes the tagline. "Get the latest word direct from the Googleplex about new technology, hot issues, and the wide world of search."

Complete with Atom sitefeed, Google Blog is off and running with a post by Evan Williams: "Ever since I came to Google, they've been talking about putting up an official Google blog. And now, less than 15 months later, voila."

I'll be adding the sitefeed to my list of must-read blogs. I hope they keep it up. You know how it is with blogging --lots of work.