Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Dull blogs

I guess a case could be made for the idea that nearly all personal blogs are dull. In other words, about as interesting as talking to somebody in the grocery line. You're never going to see them again so who cares what they have to say.

This gets back again to what we call the "Cheese Sandwich" blogs. This term was coined in response to a particular personal blog that was so boring it actually bordered on funny. The particular blog was: "I had a cheese sandwich for lunch today. Do you like cheese?"

There is one blog that revels in it's dullness. That is, of course, The Dullest Blog in the World. Here's a sample from the last two entries:

"I was sitting down on one of the chairs in my house. My hand was resting on the arm of the chair. I started to drum my fingers on the arm, thereby making a barely audible sound."

"I was standing quite near to a wall. I turned my attention towards it for a few moments. Having done this for several seconds I turned away from it and carried on doing something else."

Here's our own:

"I started looking at The Dullest Blog in the World today. One eye began to go out of focus, so I stared out the window for a minute. I got bored, so I went into the kitchen and fixed a cheese sandwich. Do you like cheese?"